Sunday, November 21, 2010

kimchi making ~ take 1

i really love to eat kimchi .. so since ... so i decided try making them myself :D


the ingredients


get ready ~ cut the cabbage half


spread salt all over each leaf


salting process part 1 ~ I leave it for 1.5hours


salting process part 2 ~ turnover the cabbage so all area can be salted evenly. leave it for another 1.5hrs


during the salting process, I prepared the rest of the ingredients. being a housewife is really tough... chopping the onions is really saddening (i keep tearing ^^)
- on the 1st pic, i did not include chinese parsley. y? becos i forget to buy spring onion. so while doing this, i went to ntuc to buy spring onion, but oredi sold out. so i asked my aunt whether can use chinese parsley as substitute ~ she said OK :D


next, i mixed chili powder, chincalok with fish sause.... then i add on the rest of the ingredients and mixed them again with some sugar syrup


tada ~~~my kimchi paste is now ready *EGGCited*


the cabbage is salt-ed so i washed them 3times under running water. now u can see the cabbage has becomes soft


now i can spread kimchi paste onto the cabbage and remember on each and every pc of the leaf


oh yeah!!! kimchi is now almost ready :DDDDD


fridge u go.... for fermenting process.... very very *EGGcited* now... hope the fermentation is successful and my kimchi turns out well
before i end my post, i must really thanked my coll, Ms.Frances Tan for guiding me thru the process, bring me to buy the ingredients and gave me a link to learn from ^^
the link is here ~ really useful.

*praying that u turn well tmr*

No comments: